Sunday, August 22, 2010

a friendly reminder.

Well, by the increasing number on my ticker below SOMEONE is reading my blog! So, what do you think of it?
When I 'published' my first entry I was really nervous about what people would think. Ya know, I thought about that post for days and it sat as a 'Draft' for a couple days as well before I finally got the courage to hit 'Publish'. It's tough putting your thoughts and honest feelings out there in the universe no matter how petty it may seem to some. I felt, well, still kind of feel a little naked.

I loved the few comments I did get. I appreciated the honesty and most off all the time you took to visit my blog. There was an Anonymous post I received a few days ago that reminded me of something that is so important...

Don't get me wrong but you make your new life in the Country sound like its the end of the world...do you realize that millions of people would give anything to have the opportunity you have to move away from the hassles of City life. To live in a secluded place away from noise, smog, traffic, people etc, etc. and the best part of it is that your doing it with the number 1 person in your life, your Husband. Your friends will still be your friends and you and J will still be loved by everyone your leaving. Your one lucky Women. enjoy it. If only I could have such luck. Got to go home now (from work) I have to fight the traffic. : ( - Anonymous

We know the world will NOT end when I move and although it's very possible I'm being a little dramatic about the whole situation there is much more to it than what will ever be posted here.

What I will say is, this is a huge lifestyle change and although many people would give anything to have this opportunity, many wouldn't. That's just the truth. It's really all perspective.

The move alone isn't the only thing that is nerve-racking. I'll admit to you - there is some pressure to make this work and that makes this a wee bit harder. But, the poster is right...my friends will still be my friends and I'll be with the number one person in my life. My husband. Thank you for reminding me of that! That fact makes everything a lot easier - we are a team. We approach all things as a team - that is one thing I just love about my marriage but, I digress...

At this point I have less than a week before I leave and I'm getting so VERY excited and I'm very anxious to see my husband and start our life together there. I've come a long way in the past three weeks, hopefully the tone in this post shows that.

and now I leave you with a little love that was sent to me from the ranch...

Meet Joe. One of our many ranch hands. ;)

No comments: