Friday, December 31, 2010

This was the year...

This was the year I took a trip to Seattle, Costa Rica and of course a few trips to California to see my family and friends. 

 

This was the year more healthy babies were born.

My good friend Aubs and Maris had beautiful baby boys and my handsome nephew Siley was born! 

This was the year that good friends came to visit me in Colorado!


This was the year our family of two grew by one furry dog,

hundreds of sheep...



some goats and horses...

and 11 working dogs!

This year started and ended like any other year; trips were taken, babies were born and memories were made. 2010 however, will hold a special place in my heart. This is the year my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer, the year we quit our jobs and moved to the ranch. This is the year I became a Sheep Rancher's  Wife.
For 2011 I'm not going to make any New Year's Resolutions or make a 2011 To-Do list because if I've learned anything this year it is that plans don't always go as planned. I can make a list to do a million things but in an instant my priorities can and will change. Instead I am making a vow to enjoy the moments in 2011 and to simply roll with the punches.

I look forward to what 2011 has in store!

Signed,

A Rancher's Wife

4 comments:

Carrie said...

What a wild and memorable ride 2010 has been!

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

it sure has Carrie! For you as well!

SC said...

Hi!! Got your comment about Hudson - yes he is cute and very high energy!! Love all the dogs here - are those Maremma sheepdogs?

I was driving in north CA one time and passed a field with hundreds of sheep and out front was the rancher with his border collie, leading the way, it was early morning, the light was pretty, so I pulled over and got out to take photos. At which point I noticed a couple of "sheep" that were a little different!! They were the Maremma (sp?) sheepdogs - there were three and they were taking my presence VERY seriously!! One walked over, climbed through the fence and lay down between me and the sheep, the other moved into the back of the herd and the third stayed in the mix. As a dog trainer I LOVE to see a dog doing what it was bred to do and doing it without any help from a person!! Just doing their job! I backed away and got in my car and left with such a nice memory to take away.

Getting out of L.A. and moving to a ranch in Colorado sounds like a slice of heaven to me! Maybe I need to find myself a rancher!

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

My most favorite part of the ranch are all the dogs! I always dreamed of having lots of dogs and now we have 12! It's my heaven! Our dogs are Pyrenees and one is Akbash/Anatolian. Our herding dogs are Border Collies. They all do their job so well. The rancher you saw must have been trailing. That is what I was doing in the "Worse Shape Than Sheep" post. Quite the experience.