Friday, January 28, 2011

A little simplicity goes a long way.

I'm still trying to decide whether this holds any truth to it, You can the girl out of California, but you can't take the California out of the girl. What do you think?

Sure, I still wear earrings when I go out to do the chores. Maybe sometimes I do my hair before heading out. Okay, just a couple times I put a little makeup on. Then there was this one time I...oh, never mind.

But I will say a recent conversation with my husband will throw some off my CA friends and family off their rocker. It actually made me think I may have disproved that saying, if only for a few seconds.

Our conversation went a little something like this: 
Me: What is the weather gonna be like tomorrow?
J: Say's it's gonna be about 40 degrees.
Me: Oh, that will be so nice! 

What?! Just a few years ago I would have bundled up, put on some Sex and the City episodes and made some hot cocoa with that type of weather! Instead I put on a pair of jeans, a jacket, slipped on some Bogs and headed outside as soon as the sun came up ready and willing to get down and dirty and help with the chores. Ree would be so proud only she probably isn't because I'm positive she doesn't read my blog. 

Some days I wonder if I was meant to be in the country all along. 
There sure is something to be said about simplicity.

3 comments:

RobynBeazley said...

Love your story & blog! I look forward to following your fun adventures Veronica.

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

Thank you Robyn!

Candy said...

Love it! I am quitting my teaching job after this school year and staying home to: work on our ranch. Once you get a taste of the ranch/farm life it is hard to go back to anything different! I go crazy being inside all day...I am worse than the students! Ha! Really glad to come across your blog. I look forward to seeing more.