Saturday, April 20, 2013

Fancy clothes.

The last few days I've been trying to figure out the Metro system of Washington, DC and it's definitely proving to be something similar to a very hard math problem. (I hate math.)

Why? Well, this gal is going to our nation's capitol.

Am I excited? Heck yes!

A little nervous? Naturally.

I was one of five people chosen by the Colorado Farm Bureau to attend the annual Washington, DC trip. I feel so grateful for this opportunity but, feel I have this huge responsibility to represent my corner of the state while speaking to our representatives and committees on issues as they relate to the agriculture industry.

I'd say I'm pretty good with public speaking however, when it comes to talking about heavy topics, I get a little flustered, sweaty and really insecure.

A very long time ago, I thought I would work in DC doing something in politics. Big dreams, folks. I am beyond excited to finally visit Washington, DC but I have high (and possibly unreasonable) expectations for myself which is causing a few nerves. I want to do this trip justice - speak my mind, represent my county, run for office. Totally kidding on the last one. Obviously.


www.capitalregionusa.org
I'll take lots of notes, lots of pictures and I'm sure I'll get lost, say something ridiculously stupid in front of our state representative or set off a metal detector and therefore, I'm sure I'll bring back a story or two for you!

Wish me luck! And let me know your Must-Sees of Washington!

2 comments:

myblackfriendsays said...

You're gonna rock it, V!

I don't have any suggestions (I've never been,) but if I did have the chance to go, I would want to check out a lot of the museums. And the Lincoln memorial and the new MLK memorial.

Unknown said...

Are you going on the YCC Tour??